Straight Arrow News is a digital news startup dedicated to unbiased, nonpartisan reporting. We offer a dynamic culture where team members are given opportunities to excel and collaborate with fellow digital and broadcast news professionals.
Straight Arrow News provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Straight Arrow News is currently accepting applications for:
Straight Arrow News is looking for an experienced producer with a passion for the organization’s mission and the ability to create unbiased, fact-based news content. The ideal candidate must be a dynamic and compelling journalist, communicator, and storyteller. This person must be able to pass an AP Style writing test.
• Research, write, produce and occasionally present daily news stories and issue-driven explainer pieces for multiple platforms on deadline.
• Identify story ideas and present in pitch meetings, with ability to produce packages independently or in conjunction with other newsroom staffers.
• Support reporters across multiple bureaus in all phases of content production, from researching and scripting to basic video editing and digital publishing.
• Exceptional writing, reporting and interviewing skills
• Proven ability to independently proofread and correct broadcast scripts and digital copy prior to airtime/publication
• Must know how to source and generate impactful enterprise leads and create engaging content
• 3+ years producing experience for digital news site or television network
• Familiarity with Google Docs, WordPress, Rundown Creator and Slack (or equivalent applications / demonstrated proficiency in mastering new content management systems, production software and communication platforms)
• Understanding of basic news-specific SEO practices (Google Trends research, etc.)
• Basic familiarity with video editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro)
• Collaborative self-starter
You may apply for this position by using the form below or visiting our Indeed
Visit the Jobs tab of our LinkedIn Company Page to view all active job openings.
Are you interested in joining Straight Arrow News but do not see an open opportunity that fits your career path? Submit your résumé here. (Submitting a résumé to Straight Arrow News implies that you are interested in a position(s) but does not mean that you are an applicant.)
Straight Arrow News employment interest