Last Updated: 07/07/2023
Your privacy is important to us at Straight Arrow News (“we,” “us,” or “our”), and we are committed to safeguarding, preserving, and respecting your privacy rights. This online privacy statement (the “Statement” or “Policy”) describes how we collect, use, disclose, and the security of the personal information we gather about you through our digital properties, which may be accessible via websites or applications, whether owned and/or operated by us or third parties, including without limitation, through our website at https://san.com/ and any of our related applications (collectively the “Site”) as well as when we engage with you as a customer or otherwise. For purposes of this Statement, personal information means data that classifies as personal information, personal data, personally identifiable information, or similar terms under applicable data privacy and security laws and regulations. It does not include data excluded or exempted from those laws and regulations. Nothing in this Statement will constitute an admission or evidence that any particular data privacy or information security law or regulation applies to us generally or in any specific context.
You Consent to This Statement
You should read this Statement carefully. We recommend printing and retaining a copy for your future reference. By accessing, browsing, or otherwise using the Site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed with this Statement. If you do not agree to this Statement, you may not use the Site.
This Statement applies regardless of how the Site is accessed and will cover any technologies or devices by which we make the Site available to you.
We may provide you with additional privacy notices where we believe it is appropriate to do so. It is important that you read this Statement together with any other notices or policies we may provide so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
If you have any questions or concerns about our personal information policies or practices, you can contact us in the methods described below in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
The Information We Collect and How
Information You Provide
- When You Contact Us. If you send us an email, we will collect your email address and any information that you provide in the email.
- When You Participate in a Sweepstakes or Promotion. If you participate in a sweepstakes or other promotion, we may require you to submit certain personal information, such as your name and email address.
- Joining Our Newsletter. If you sign up for our newsletter or other mailing list.
- Social Media. If you interact with our Site by sharing on a social media platform, we may collect information that you post. Please note that your comments will be visible to the public, so you should never share personal information that you would like to keep private.
- Job Applications and Employment. If you apply for a job with or are employed by us, we will collect various pieces of information about you.
Information That We Collect About You
We may collect information about you from third parties.
Information We Collect as You Navigate Our Site
We automatically collect certain information as you use the Site, such as the following:
- Usage Information. We may collect information automatically through your use of the Site, such as which of the pages on the Site you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Site.
- Device Information. We may collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
- Mobile Device Information. When you access our Site via a browser on your mobile device, we may also collect mobile network information, including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
- Location Information. We may collect information about your actual location which may be determined from GPS and other sensors that may reveal information on or nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
How Do We Use “Cookies” and Other Tracking Technologies?
We may send one or more Cookies to your computer or other device. We also use other similar technologies such as tracking pixels, tags, or similar tools when you visit our Site. These technologies can collect data regarding your operating system, browser type, device type, screen resolution, IP address, and other technical information, as well as navigation events and session information as you interact with our Site. This information allows us to understand how you use the Site.
What Are Cookies?
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual needs;
- Contact you to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- Advertise new content, events, and services that relate to your interests;
- Provide you with more personalized content that is most relevant to your interest areas; and
- Recognize when you return to our Site.
We set some Cookies ourselves and others are set by third parties. You can manage your Cookies preference as described in the “Managing Your Cookies” section below.
What Types of Cookies Do We Use and Why?
These are the different types of Cookies that we and our service providers use on the Site:
- Essential Cookies. These Cookies are required for the operation of the Site and enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Disabling these Cookies can negatively impact the Site’s performance.
- Analytics, Performance and Research Cookies. These Cookies allow us to analyze activities on the Site. They can be used to improve the functioning of the Site. For example, these Cookies recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around the Site. Analytics Cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns to help us improve them and to optimize the Site’s content for those who engage with our advertising.
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalize content for you and remember your preferences.
- Social Networking and Advertising Cookies. These Cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Site through third-party social networking and other websites. These Cookies may also be used for advertising purposes.
How Long Do Cookies Stay on My Device?
Some Cookies operate from the time you visit the Site until the end of that particular browsing session. These Cookies, which are called “session cookies,” expire and are automatically deleted when you close your Internet browser.
Some Cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions and will not expire or automatically delete when you close your Internet browser. These Cookies are called “persistent cookies” and the length of time they will remain on your device will vary from Cookie to Cookie. Persistent Cookies are used for a number of purposes, such as storing your preferences so that they are available for your next visit and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit the Site, how your use of the Site may change over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Managing Your Cookies
You can find out more about Cookies and how to manage them by visiting www.AboutCookies.org.
Does the Site Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals?
There is currently no industry agreed-upon response to a Do Not Track signal. At this time, our Site does not respond differently based on a user’s Do Not Track signal.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information we collect about you or that you provide to us in the following ways:
- To present our Site and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and your device;
- To contact you to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- To advertise opportunities, services, or special events that we think may be of interest to you;
- To provide customer support, troubleshoot issues, manage accounts, and respond to requests, questions, or comments;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts; and
- To notify you about any additions, upgrades, or changes in our services.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information:
- With third parties who perform data services on our behalf (e.g., hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.). Any such third parties will be under an obligation to us to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information;
- To third-party service providers to prepare, disseminate and analyze advertising content;
- To third-party organizations if you choose to participate in programs they administer;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law or governmental authority or in connection with any pending or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information;
- To third parties as part of any business or asset sale;
- In the event of bankruptcy or dissolution proceedings, as part of the sale or reorganization process; and
- To any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure.
Advertising and Marketing Choice
We respect your rights in how your personal information is used and shared. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org as well as follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence. Please note, however, that we may still need to contact you regarding other matters.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites. When we provide links, we do so only as a convenience and do not endorse any products or services and are not responsible for any content of any third-party website or any links contained within. It is important to note that this Statement only applies to this Site. We are not responsible and assume no responsibility for any personal information collected, stored, or used by any third party as a result of you visiting their website. We also advise that you read the privacy notice of any third-party websites you choose to visit carefully.
Our Commitment to Data Security
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take various reasonable organizational and technical measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. We have policies and procedures in place to ensure team members know what is expected of them in relation to personal information. We have in place appropriate procedures for accessing our system and access it limited by role. We have also put processes in place to address suspected breaches of your personal information. If required by law to do so, we will notify you and/or the relevant supervisory authority in the event of a data breach. However, we cannot and do not guarantee complete security, as it does not exist on the Internet.
The features, programs, promotions and other aspects our services requiring the submission of personal information are not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at email@example.com.
This Statement may change from time to time. We will post any changes to this Statement on this page, and you should check these terms when you use the Site. Your continued use of the Site constitutes acceptance of the most current version of this Statement.
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about this Statement, please feel free to contact us at 9140 West Dodge St, Omaha NE 68114 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.