International

Kate Middleton reveals cancer diagnosis, urges solidarity

Mar 22

Share

This report was created with support from enhanced software.

Media Landscape

See who else is reporting on this story and which side of the political spectrum they lean. To read other sources, click on the plus signs below.

Learn more about this data

Left 27%

Center 53%

Right 20%

Bias Distribution Powered by Ground News

Catherine, Princess of Wales, also known as Kate Middleton, said in a video statement released on Friday, March 22, that she has been diagnosed with cancer. The diagnosis comes after what she described as “an incredibly tough couple of months,” according to the BBC.

In January, Kate had abdominal surgery in London, which was originally thought to be non-cancer related. However, further tests showed the presence of cancer.

QR code for SAN app download

Download the SAN app today to stay up-to-date with Unbiased. Straight Facts™.

Point phone camera here

Kate is undergoing chemotherapy and said she is improving and growing stronger every day. There are no further details on the type of cancer she was diagnosed with, but the royal family said that they are confident in her recovery.

The cancer was discovered after her abdominal surgery earlier this year. Kate and Prince William said that they are taking time for their family, as they work to explain Kate’s diagnosis to their young children.

Kate is not expected to return to her royal duties anytime soon. She asked for privacy during her cancer battle, and expressed gratitude for the support she has received.

The royal family has recently faced questions due to her absence from the public eye. Meanwhile, Kate has urged solidarity with those impacted by cancer and encouraged them to keep hope.

Tags: , , ,

[LAUREN TAYLOR]

CATHERINE, THE PRINCESS OF WALES HAS REVEALED — SHE’S UNDERGOING TREATMENT FOR CANCER.

IN A VIDEO STATEMENT RELEASED FRIDAY, KATE MIDDLETON DESCRIBED THE DIAGNOSIS AS A “HUGE SHOCK” AFTER “AN INCREDIBLY TOUGH COUPLE OF MONTHS.” 

[KATE MIDDLETON]

“IN JANUARY, I UNDERWENT MAJOR ABDOMINAL SURGERY IN LONDON AND AT THE TIME, IT WAS THOUGHT THAT MY CONDITION WAS NON-CANCEROUS. THE SURGERY WAS SUCCESSFUL, HOWEVER, TESTS AFTER THE OPERATION FOUND CANCER HAD BEEN PRESENT.”

PRINCESS KATE SAYS SHE’S NOW IN THE EARLY STAGES OF RECEIVING PREVENTIVE CHEMOTHERAPY… AND SHE IS DOING WELL AND GETTING STRONGER EVERY DAY.

DETAILS ABOUT THE TYPE OF CANCER HAVEN’T BEEN DISCLOSED – HOWEVER — KENSINGTON PALACE EXPRESSED CONFIDENCE IN HER FULL RECOVERY.

SHE EXPLAINED THAT THE CANCER WAS FOUND AFTER SHE UNDERWENT THAT ABDOMINAL SURGERY IN JANUARY.

SHE SAID SHE AND PRINCE WILLIAM ARE TAKING TIME FOR THEIR FAMILY. SHE SPOKE ABOUT THE CHALLENGES OF EXPLAINING HER CONDITION TO HER THREE CHILDREN… WHO RANGE IN AGE FROM 5 TO 10 YEARS OLD.

KATE MIDDLETON IS ALSO NOT EXPECTED TO RETURN TO HER OFFICIAL ROYAL DUTIES ANYTIME SOON.

[KATE MIDDLETON]

“WE HOPE THAT YOU’LL UNDERSTAND, THAT AS A FAMILY, WE NOW NEED SOME TIME, SPACE AND PRIVACY WHILE I COMPLETE MY TREATMENT. MY WORK HAS ALWAYS BROUGHT ME A DEEP SENSE OF JOY AND I LOOK FORWARD TO BEING BACK WHEN I’M ABLE. BUT FOR NOW, I MUST FOCUS ON MAKING A FULL RECOVERY,”

THE PRINCESS EMPHASIZED SOLIDARITY WITH THOSE AFFECTED BY CANCER, URGING THEM NOT TO LOSE HOPE.

[LAUREN TAYLOR]

THE ROYAL FAMILY HAS FACED INTENSE PUBLIC SCRUTINY IN RECENT WEEKS… WITH CONSPIRACY THEORIES SWIRLING ABOUT HER ABSENCE FROM THE PUBLIC EYE.

HOWEVER,  SHE DID EXPRESS GRATITUDE FOR THE SUPPORT SHE’S RECEIVED FROM HER FAMILY AND THE PUBLIC.